Whether you have a blog on your website, you create a monthly newsletter, you provide articles for your local newspaper, or you contribute to discussion boards — writing is a great way to get your name out there and keep it out there!
The more you write about what you do, the more your expert status will shine through. As people start to see your name attached to helpful information and articles, they will begin to make the association betwen you and your niche.
The problem with writing, is that we all face writer’s block from time to time.
I thought I’d give you some ideas for topics that might e of interest to your readers. I hope this gives you push to sit down and write for a bit. Devoting even 20 minutes a day to writing can yield a lot of exposure for you and your private practice.
A few things your reader’s might find helpful…
- How to choose a therapist
- What can I expect out of counseling?
- 7 tips for getting through the long winter
- How to raise your self esteem
- What to do when someone you love has depression
- How to help your loved on through a panic attack
- OCD basics — what you need to know
- Balancing life and work effectively
- Fighting fair
- When to say “no” to your kids
- What to do when your child is being bullied
- How to beat the “baby blues”
- When is it an “addiction”?
- 9 ways to de-stress your life
Even if you don’t like these… I hope I got you thinking.
Now — START WRITING!!!