This is a series of posts about getting more clients and building a solid referral base for your private practice. Thanks for the opportunity to share this information with you; I look forward to helping you bring it to life in your business! ~ Deb Legge
Today we continue laying the foundation you’ll need to really establish yourself as a viable player in this business. The first post in this series was about the philosophy about marketing to referrers. We talked about relationships, trust, credibility, likability, doing your best work, and serving others,
Now, let’s take a glimpse at the path to biggest way in which you can make those things happen!
- You must know what you want
- You must know who you want
- You must feel energized and inspired when you work with them
- You must know what they need and desire
- You must know them like the back of your hand
- You must be an authority in their eyes
- You must show them how and why you are their best choice
- You must get them talking about you and advocating for you
- You must get them to know, hands down, that you’ve got their back
- You must teach them how to do business with you
- You must tell them what to do next
Bottom line… You’ve got to choose that target market (or two) and dedicate yourself to them. They will teach you everything you need to know about where to find them and what they need. That will also be a basis of how to educate your referrers so you can maximize those referral opportunities.
Trade in your fear of scarcity for an attitude of ABUNDANCE
You really can spend your time serving those you are meant to serve (not just taking anyone with a pulse and a pocketbook). You don’t need 50,000 clients. Put it in perspective.