It takes a certain amount of fierceness to have a successful Private Practice.
Not the kind of fierceness that evokes fear in people; a fierce commitment to success is what you need.
When you tell people that you are going into private practice, you will inevitably get funny looks from naysayers who will give you a laundry list of why they never did it and why you shouldn’t either.
When you have fierce commitment you refuse to be dissuaded, discouraged, distracted or stopped from achieving your goals. You won’t tolerate anyone or anything interfering in your intentions.
Here are a few things to remember when your fierceness starts to slip…
- Don’t be afraid to claim your niche and proclaim your expertise
- Motivational guru, Zig Ziglar said: “Timid salesmen have skinny kids”. Shout it from the rooftops — if you don’t, who will?
- Don’t confuse being busy with being effective
- Beware activity for activity’s sake. If you’re going to expend the energy, make it worth the effort!
- It isn’t easy; it never will be
- To quote another of my favorite motivational speakers, Jim Rohn: “It’s no wonder he’s so successful, look at all he does”. But… just because it isn’t easy, doesn’t mean it isn’t FUN!