You must establish credibility if you hope to survive in this business.
People want to do business with experts. Unfortunately, many private practitioners are too humble, too shy, or lack the confidence to claim that status.
There are many ways to let people know that you are the “go-to” person in your area of focus. In the Influential Insider’s Circle, you learn how to use 6 core self-promotion strategies that can fast track you to expert status:
- Speaking Strategy: Leverage your time and scope by talking to groups about what you do
- Writing Strategy: Write about what you know and people around the globe will see your name
- Networking Strategy: Build deeper relationships with people you already know, who can send you clients and/or tell the world about you
- Direct Outreach Strategy: Develop relationships with key people (you don’t yet know) who have access to and influence over your target market
- Referral Strategy: Identify a small group of professionals with whom you can share referrals on a regular basis
- Web Strategy: More than just a website, a web strategy helps you get noticed in the world and sell your services, products, and programs
Each of these strategies will help you get the clients you want and the referrals you need to build a successful private practice.
You don’t have to be obnoxious or self-absorbed to show the world you are at the top of the list when it comes to your target market. You can do something fun and powerful, just like our Influential Insider’s Circle Super-Star — Susan B. Saint-Rossy LCSW just did.
Congratulations Susan B. Saint-Rossy! Your article is just the beginning. Now you can honestly say that you’ve been featured by PsychCentral, and you’ll likely get lots of residual attention and more opportunities as a result of your great work. We are proud to have you as a member of the Influential Insider’s Circle!