This is a series of posts about getting more clients and building a solid referral base for your private practice. Thanks for the opportunity to share this information with you; I look forward to helping you bring it to life in your business! ~ Deb Legge
Feeling funny about trying to connect with people you don’t know, but should? These would be the folks who are leaders in your community or market; people of influence who have access to and influence over your ideal clients. People with whom you could join efforts and bring even more to the people who need you.
Reach out and touch
Make this world a better place
If you can
(Remember this great song by Diana Ross?)
The “Direct Outreach Strategy” is the second of three mandatory marketing strategies in the Book Yourself Solid marketing system for service professionals (there are also 3 optional strategies). Direct Outreach is all about developing relationships with people you don’t know, in an effort to get noticed, increase your credibility, and multiply your efforts to reach out to more of your target market.
Here are a few ways to make the most of your efforts to increase your referrals by connecting with the “right” people…
- Identify a few people that you should know. These are people who can take you and your business to the next level. They may be leaders in local, regional, or national organizations. They may be influential in media and have the ability to really get you noticed. They may be in charge of charities, hospitals, schools, or other community-minded efforts. In any case, they probably share your market or have great interest in what you have to offer
- Think about ways in which you might help them — what can you do for them?
- Find ways to reach out to them in ways that benefit THEM!
- Be humble yet confident that you can and will provide value in everything you do
- Be persistent, but NOT “spammy” or annoying. If you reach out appropriately and you get nothing, move on. There are plenty of untapped opportunities out there for people who are willing to serve and collaborate
- Use your creativity and find ways to connect that are meaningful and relevant. The connections you make should be exciting and inspiring to both of you!
You can do this! You have a lot to offer; you just need to open your mind and your heart and find out where your “touch” can make the biggest difference — for you and for others!
Deb Legge is licensed to teach the Book Yourself Solid® system, created by Michael Port, based on his mega best selling book, Book Yourself Solid® For more information, email me at: DrLegge@gmail.com