I guess now is a great time to talk about “downtime”.
The holiday season is upon us. You know it. You see it. You live it every day.
The traffic is heavy, the malls are crowded, people are irritable… the list goes on and on.
When you are in Private Practice, you might notice a few things too:
- Clients with increased stress, resulting in exacerbation of symptoms
- Calls from clients y0u have not seen in a long time
- An increase in demand for you time, with an increase of cancellations and no shows (even though you fit them in)
- A decrease in calls for appointments
- Clients who want to “take time off” until after the Holidays
Although you may be busy with your own holiday hustle-bustle now, you will likely get a bit of downtime during your holiday season too!
What do you want to do with that downtime? Now’s the time to think about it.
So, whether you want to…
- Lock away your computer and pull out a couple of magazines
- Meet up with an old friend
- Spend more time with your family
- Sleep till noon
- Spend a couple of hours at the spa
- Work on a fun new project to build your Practice in the new year
- Get through some not-so-fun things to build your Practice in the new year
- Take it one day at a time, at your leisure
… make a plan of action. Don’t let the time get away from you without your intentions being satsfied.
Take care of you this holiday season; no matter what you choose to do with your downtime.